At Beri Esthetique- Skin & Laser MedSpa , our excellent laser hair removal services are performed in a state of the art facility by our medical director, Dr. Kavita Beri. We pride ourselves on the fact that our laser hair removal treatments are safe, completely painless, and effective with little to no downtime.
What can you expect?
We can provide you with the safest and most effective laser hair treatment options customized to your hair and skin type. You will have a complementary 20 minute consultation prior to the start of your laser hair treatment. During this consultation, Dr. Beri will determine the approach that will work best for your particular hair and skin type. Depending on the area of the body that requires treatment, you will receive a series of treatments usually spaced apart every 4 to 6 weeks. For Frequenty Asked Questions (FAQs), please refer to the end of this page for full details.
Downtime: Minimal to mild post procedure stinging. mild redness or swelling can last 1-2 days.
- Small Area. $150 per session. Chin, Cheeks, Lip, Under Arms, Bikini, Neck, or Side Burns
- Medium Area. $250 per session. Brazilian, Upper Legs, Lower Legs, Buttocks, Chest, Abdomen, Upper Back, or Lower Back
- Large Area. $350 per session. Full Back, Full Chest and Abdomen, Full Legs, or Full Arms and Under Arms
Should I shave before the treatment?
Shaving the day before or just prior to treatment is recommended and you may shave again twenty-four hours after treatment unless your provider tells you otherwise.
Is it safe?
Laser hair removal is the most popular aesthetic procedure performed annually. Hair removal is one of the aesthetic medical industry’s most well-known and researched uses of lasers and the Pain-Free, Hair-Free™ treatment has provided safe and effective permanent hair reduction for thousands of patients worldwide. Because Pain-Free, Hair-Free™ utilizes our IN-MOTION™ and low-heat settings we’re able to provide a level of safety unlike any other laser hair removal procedure.
How many treatments will I need?
Typically, 4 to 6 treatments is adequate to provide permanent hair reduction. However, after a one-on-one consultation, Dr. Beri may determine that based on the density of your hair, hair color and skin color, you may require additional treatment. It’s not unusual to require a touch-up treatment two years after completing laser hair removal treatments.
Will my hair ever grow back?
Actively growing hairs that are treated should not grow back. Once a hair follicle is damaged it cannot grow hair. However, hair follicles that were not in the active growth phase will need to be treated. It’s also not unusual for patients to have a touch-up two years after initial treatment due to hormonal changes.
Why do I need 4 – 6 treatments?
Hair growth occurs in 4 stages: Early Anagen (early hair growth), Anagen (active hair growth) Catagen (regression) Telogen (resting, not growing) Laser hair removal only affects the Anagen stage, (actively growing hair). Therefore, approximately twenty-five-percent of hair is removed with each treatment. After 4 to 6 treatments, the area should be free from hair.
Do I need to arrange time off from work for treatments?
No. Pain-Free, Hair-Free™ has no “down time” and requires no recovery time. You can have a Pain-Free, Hair-Free™ treatment and return to work, school or other normal activities immediately.
How do I know it really won’t hurt?
Most people find the Pain-Free, Hair-Free™ laser hair removal treatment comfortable, especially when compared to other hair removal methods and lasers. This is one of few laser hair removal procedures where numbing cream is not necessary. Pain is subjective, however, so if you find it otherwise simply talk to your provider.
Pre Treatment Care
- Please give a close shave to the areas receiving treatment the morning of your appointment. For harder to reach places, such as the backside, we can provide assistance just prior to application of our laser.
- The area to be treated should be freshly cleaned and left free from any make-up, perfumes, lotions, creams, and/or antiperspirants. (You can, of course, remove these applications in one of our private treatment rooms prior to the application of our laser. And we make available complimentary antiperspirant post laser hair removal.)
- Areas to be treated should be as light as possible, so avoid tanning 2 weeks leading up to treatments. And while we can safely treat darker skin by scaling down the level of energy, doing so makes the applications less effective. Also, avoid sunless tanning products leading up to your appointments.
- Do not wax or otherwise remove the roots of the hair follicles 3 weeks prior to receiving laser hair removal. Studies suggest, however, that waxing 3 weeks prior to an appointment may increase overall efficacy – as every treated hair is now in its active state of growth.
- Do not bleach any hair to be treated, or lighten its color.
- If you have lighter hair, such as blond, white, grey, or red, please advise us six weeks in advance so that we can provide you with the proper application needed to make treatments effective and to give insight as to the proper level of expectations.
- You must advise us of any medications you’re currently taking or have taken in the past 6 months which increases sensitivity to light. Examples include several antibiotic and antifungal medications as well as isotretinoin.
Post Treatment Care
- We will apply a soothing aloe and vitamin E lotion to treated areas.
- There is no downtime with laser hair removal, so you can immediately engage in normal activities following your appointment.
- We advise the use of sunscreen for the next 48 hours, and will gladly provide you with complimentary lotion depending upon the area benefiting from laser hair removal.
- Immediate and continuous sun exposure, tanning, or working under halogen lights is to be avoided.
- Remember, immediate redness (erythema) is to be expected and generally goes away in a few minutes or hours. Important to note, it is generally considered a desirable side effect because it evidences effective damage to the follicles. However, as erythema presents itself as redness to the treated area, most people prefer to schedule appointments for treatment of the face or other visible areas on a Friday or over the weekend so that normal skin tone returns before the start of a new week.